Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2
General Christian Bible Discussion Board / Re: Bible Research
« Last post by admin on February 04, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
I have added the Samaritan Pentateuch in English to my E-Sword collection.

I'm going to give you a way to understand the Law and I'm going to use the example of the Speed Limit. At some point in time, civil leaders acknowledged that they had to reduce injury and death on the highways, therefore, they enacted the Speed Limit and that law said to Obey Established Speed Limits.

Now let's break this down a bit -

Spirit of the Law = Reduce Injury and Death on the Highways
Letter of the Law = Obey Established Speed Limits

Now consider your driving in your car and suddenly a tire falls off the back of some flatbed truck and goes rolling diagnally toward your lane. You know that if you slam on your breaks, the person behind you is going to smash in to the back of your car. But you can quickly identify that if you speed up the tire will pass between your car and the one behind you preventing any problem. However, by speeding up you break the Etablished Speed Limits which is the Letter of the Law. But, you also fulfilled the Spirit of the Law which is to Reduce Injury and Death on the Highways.

You see the Letter of the Law is provided to help you understand the Spirit of the Law. But the problem in the Old Testament is that the Letter of the Law became the Law. In other words, the image became the focus instead of what the image was a reflection of - The Spirt of the Law. Therefore, in the scenario I showed above, if you execute judgement based on the Letter of the Law, you would be guilty for having went over the speed limit. This is how the Letter of the Law can be used unjustly.

Now with Christ, He came and abolished the Letter because He provided a way for the Spirit to abide in us.

Col 2:14  Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
« Last post by admin on January 16, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
Little things matter.  It seems often that I would make little progress in understanding Bible prophecies or scriptures.  At other times, it seems I would learn a tremendous amount in a small matter of time.  I have learned that when your heart is in it (Spirit) you learn.  Like other things, really.  This all may be a bit of common sense but sometimes we need this motivation for these little things.

Consider a Picture Puzzle.  We start putting pieces in and as we put more pieces in the puzzle, more of the picture is revealed.  What happens when we comprehend or understand more of the picture? - it gets easier to determine where the pieces go and to understand what the overall picture is going to be.  This is much like Bible study to me.

So if you get discourage remember the little things matter - focus with your heart and consider it a success when you learn even the smallest of things for they have great value as you build upon them.

« Last post by admin on January 16, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »
Another recommendation I have for Bible Study and research is to have a focused Bible version.  Mine is the King James Authorized version as found in E-Sword.  I also recommend it be a version that is close to sources in translation but also closer to mainstream in distribution.  The KJV achieves this well.  The reason for this is by focusing on a certain version, you will pick up on routinely used key verses or phrases from the Bible or key terms or discussions of test that you can bring to memory quicker and aid your studies with picking up knowledge faster.

Universal Salvation / For those new to Universal Salvation
« Last post by admin on January 08, 2018, 09:57:17 AM »
For those that are new or don't quite understand what Universal Salvation is, this forum is for you.

Universal Salvation is the phrase applied to the understanding that God will eventually save everyone in due time.  This means that ALL shall be saved.  Typically there are three forms of understanding when it comes to the fate of the wicked sinner:

1.  Eternal Torment
2.  Annihilation of the sinner
3.  Universal Salvation

Most "Christians" fall into the belief of #1 above due to the popularity of such organizations that teach it.

At the core of understanding this doctrine requires a knowledge of the Greek term "aionios" for which the words "everlasting" and "eternal" are often derived.  Those that believe in Universal Salvation understand that meaning to be different than what others believe and therefore a careful analysis of the usage of the term should be used.

I'd advise against solely using scholarly interpretations since I have seen both sides of the argument providing in various works.  So I advise the student to undergo their own careful word studies by using E-Sword or another software Bible application that allows you to search either by Strong's number for the word (G166) or for the Greek word itself "aionios" in the text and see how it is used with in the context.

My own interpretation of using word studies is that aionios means "age-enduring".  It doesn't speak to an endpoint or the length of duration at all.  But rather it speaks to the continuing point.  Something that is aionios will survive or endure the end of the age (or age boundary) such that it has qualities or significance to do so.

Please start new threads to discuss this topic and get answers to difficult questions.
Website Articles/Topics / The Crucifixion, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ
« Last post by admin on December 31, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
After I had already completed a lot of the study of this topic, I had found confirmation in understanding from the destruction of the Temple that had taken place in 70 AD.  The reason this relates to this topic is because that destruction actually began in 31 AD, the same year of the Crucifixion.

This is significant because that period is 40 years if you include year 31 and year 70 in the destruction.  This parallels the purging of the congregation of Israel when they left Egypt. 

The direct parallel has more to do with how this 40 year destruction of the Temple at Jerusalem relates with the Spiritual Temple.  This is where we get into Bible Typology.  Just as there were desolations for 40 years on the physical Temple at Jerusalem, there is also desolations of the Spiritual Temple for 40 Jubilee cycles at which point the chosen of God's Church will have been completed.  Just as after the 40 years in the wilderness the Tribe of Levi was chosen to be Priests in the atonement of Israel so now are we seeing the same Spiritual Fulfillment of that type taking place in the current dispensation under Christ and those Chosen will reign with Christ at His 2nd Coming.

Website Articles/Topics / FORUM RULES!!!
« Last post by admin on December 30, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
The Forum Rules are DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU.
No posting personal information
No cussing/cursing
This is not a place where illogical and irrational posts will be allowed.
If you have an objection to content - state that objection.   Don't just say "that is wrong".  State WHY something is wrong.
The Admin reserves the right to ban anyone from the forum.
The Admin reserves the right to remove any post from the forum.

The Admin and any moderators are not limited to taking further actions as they deem necessary to keep the forum in an orderly manner.

By posting in this forum you acknowledge these rules.
Universal Salvation / FORUM RULES!!!
« Last post by admin on December 30, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
No cussing/cursing
If you have an objection to content - state that objection.   Don't just say "that is wrong".  State WHY something is wrong.

The Admin and any moderators are not limited to taking further actions as they deem necessary to keep the forum in an orderly manner.

General Christian Bible Discussion Board / FORUM RULES!!!!
« Last post by admin on December 30, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »
No cussing/cursing

General Christian Bible Discussion Board / Bible Research
« Last post by admin on November 10, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »
For my research I typically use the following resources:

E-sword Software - http://www.e-sword.net (free software - some modules have a cost).

I really like E-Sword Software and have been using it for years.  I don't use any of the paid modules. The software really does almost everything I need to do in my research with very good search tools and integrated features. 

The modules I use are Brenton, KJV, KJV+, APB+, BISHOPS, GREEK ABP+, GREEK NT BYZ+, GREEK NT TR+, GREEK NT WH+, and YLT.

Those are my typical modules.  I usually use the KJV module as my standard reading/reviewing tool.

I highly recommend that anyone use a APB+ or BRENTON module to be sure to include the Greek Septuagint into their studies.
I also use Strong's Concordance module (I believe this is included with the download and the standard commentaries with the program).

Additional Bible Resources that I use:

• Paperback copy of George Howard's Hebrew Gospel of Matthew
  • Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible

I wouldn't not recommend limiting your resources and follow your search where it leads you.  But for me this handles most of my research for now.

Another software resource I use for Astronomy research is:

Stellarium - http://www.stellarium.org  - Very useful in marking months or dates by viewing lunar phases at various times and eclipses.

https://eclipses.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html - this is the NASA site that has archives of lunar and solar eclipse data.  Also very useful.

Some other works I evaluate are:

Epistle of Barnabas
1& 2 Clement

You can find the above at http://www.earlychristianwritings.com

Book of Jubilees
Book of Jasher
Book of Enoch (Enoch 1)

Those you can find at various source via Google.

If you have other valuable resources that you believe contribute something different or uniquely to those I presented above, please post them as I'm always interested in thought and resources that can help contributed to my studies.  If they don't benefit me, they may benefit others that may read this forum.

Pages: [1] 2