Author Topic: Bible Research  (Read 71 times)

admin

• Truth Warrior
  • Administrator
Bible Research
« on: November 10, 2017, 12:01:16 PM »
For my research I typically use the following resources:

E-sword Software - http://www.e-sword.net (free software - some modules have a cost).

I really like E-Sword Software and have been using it for years.  I don't use any of the paid modules. The software really does almost everything I need to do in my research with very good search tools and integrated features. 

The modules I use are Brenton, KJV, KJV+, APB+, BISHOPS, GREEK ABP+, GREEK NT BYZ+, GREEK NT TR+, GREEK NT WH+, and YLT.

Those are my typical modules.  I usually use the KJV module as my standard reading/reviewing tool.

I highly recommend that anyone use a APB+ or BRENTON module to be sure to include the Greek Septuagint into their studies.
I also use Strong's Concordance module (I believe this is included with the download and the standard commentaries with the program).

Additional Bible Resources that I use:

• Paperback copy of George Howard's Hebrew Gospel of Matthew
  • Young's Analytical Concordance to the Bible

I wouldn't not recommend limiting your resources and follow your search where it leads you.  But for me this handles most of my research for now.

Another software resource I use for Astronomy research is:

Stellarium - http://www.stellarium.org  - Very useful in marking months or dates by viewing lunar phases at various times and eclipses.

https://eclipses.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html - this is the NASA site that has archives of lunar and solar eclipse data.  Also very useful.

Some other works I evaluate are:

Epistle of Barnabas
1& 2 Clement

You can find the above at http://www.earlychristianwritings.com

Book of Jubilees
Book of Jasher
Book of Enoch (Enoch 1)

Those you can find at various source via Google.

If you have other valuable resources that you believe contribute something different or uniquely to those I presented above, please post them as I'm always interested in thought and resources that can help contributed to my studies.  If they don't benefit me, they may benefit others that may read this forum.

admin

• Truth Warrior
  • Administrator
Re: Bible Research
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:55:09 PM »
Another recommendation I have for Bible Study and research is to have a focused Bible version.  Mine is the King James Authorized version as found in E-Sword.  I also recommend it be a version that is close to sources in translation but also closer to mainstream in distribution.  The KJV achieves this well.  The reason for this is by focusing on a certain version, you will pick up on routinely used key verses or phrases from the Bible or key terms or discussions of test that you can bring to memory quicker and aid your studies with picking up knowledge faster.

admin

• Truth Warrior
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
Little things matter.  It seems often that I would make little progress in understanding Bible prophecies or scriptures.  At other times, it seems I would learn a tremendous amount in a small matter of time.  I have learned that when your heart is in it (Spirit) you learn.  Like other things, really.  This all may be a bit of common sense but sometimes we need this motivation for these little things.

Consider a Picture Puzzle.  We start putting pieces in and as we put more pieces in the puzzle, more of the picture is revealed.  What happens when we comprehend or understand more of the picture? - it gets easier to determine where the pieces go and to understand what the overall picture is going to be.  This is much like Bible study to me.

So if you get discourage remember the little things matter - focus with your heart and consider it a success when you learn even the smallest of things for they have great value as you build upon them.

admin

• Truth Warrior
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:52:57 PM »
I have added the Samaritan Pentateuch in English to my E-Sword collection.